This Fintech company is well established in the capital and derivatives and regulated marketplace. They operate managed services for institutions in various parts of the world and are building out a technical development in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
You will be involved in leading the digital transformation space in capital markets. You will be expected to Analyze users’ needs and then design, test, and develop software to meet client expectations. Recommend software upgrades for customers’ existing programs and systems, where necessary. Design each component of an application or system and plan how the pieces will work together. The incumbent is to ensure delivery of the product or service is completed within target timeframes and proposed budget
What you’ll bring
You will have strong front-end and back-end development skills, loves building amazing applications, is highly collaborative, user focused, is data driven, and self-motivated.
- 5+ years experience developing web-based solutions for the financial market sector
- Strong Java and scripting skills
- Have developed front-end and back-end web solutions in a cloud (AWS) environment
- Proven ability to handle changing priorities and operate in an agile/scrum environment
- Develop and implement new software programs.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs, as necessary.
- Strong experience in working with desktop and webserver applications.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure hardware and software are aligned to deliver business requirements.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate technical requirements to Users and Stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to create technical specification documents and unit testing plans.
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment.
|Job Category||FinTech, Information Technology, Product Development – SaaS|